Wednesday, April 24, 2013

To everyone back home, I miss you tons!!!!  Whats everyone doing?  Any fun stories or news?  I hope everyone is doing well. Things are going great here. Still loving the MTC and having fun. its getting more and more crowded every day!!  Keep those missionaries comin! The language is coming along, as of last week we can't use notes during the investigator lessons anymore.  All we have are our Fijian scriptures and whatever we can memorize. So hard!! Luckily the language itself isn't too complicated so I've learned enough vocab and sentence structure to understand what people are saying. We got some elders from Fiji in our zone so they're helping us out alot. To those of you who didn't hear, I got a calling a few weeks ago. I'm the music coordinator for our branch (saw that one comin lol! ) so I pick all the songs and musical numbers for the meetings. its been really fun.  Its been so fun having a ton of islanders in my district,. I'm picking up on their behaviors and words already. They do this hissing thing when you want to get someones attention in a crowd. Most people don't notice unless you're used to it, and the other day I heard an elder calling me from across the lunch room!! So cool!  By the time I get back I'm going to be full Polynesian! As one of the elders says, I'm "palangi (white) on the outside, poly on the inside". well I'm almost out of time and I want to send some pictures, so I gotta go.L ove to everyone!! Good luck with finals and stuff and have fun.
 
au lomani ena!!
Sister Pyne

No comments:

Post a Comment