Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So far its been amazing!! I love everyone in my zone! Most of them are from Samoa or New Zealand but their parents are Samoan. There are about 15 of us going to Fiji, only 5 being sisters. I'm the only white sister and my teacher says I'm the first white sister going to Fiji in about 3 years!! So that's gonna be interesting. The language is really hard but fun. I'm catching on pretty quickly and I can already pray, bear my testimony and kinda teach in Fijian. They started us on the language the second we got here!! I've seen so many people I know!! There are 5 sisters from Brighton and I saw someone from Highland and Katie Roth. There should be more coming in the next few weeks. Pretty much all we do is study and go to devotionals.  My companion's name is Sister Vai from Samoa. She is still working on her English skills so its kinda hard to communicate but we get along really well.
My departure date is set for May 5th but I hear they change alot so who knows. I'll let you know if it changes. I'm having tons of fun!!
 
Sister Pyne

1 comment:

  1. Shannon I'm so glad your doing this blog! It's so nice to hear how Annie is doing. Plus she'll love to read it when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete