Monday, April 8, 2013

I just finished our final lesson with our first "investigators" (one of our teachers). When we teach lessons they have to be completely in Fijian, even the scriptures and stories.  I've memorized how to pray and bear my testimony and I can share scriptures. (I included my testimony in Fijian at the bottom of my blog) The hardest part is answering questions because we can't understand what he is asking!  But today I got enough to piece together an answer, it was really cool!  I can't believe I've only been here one week.  We do almost the same thing every day so it's easy to lose track of time.  The sisters in my zone are great and we all get along really well.  My companion, Sister Vai is from Samoa.  Two sisters are from Micronesia, and one is from Australia but her parents are Samoan.  The elders are so fun, and whenever we do things together we have a blast!  We got a new group in our "zone" yesterday (April 3rd).  There are two sisters and five elders, and they are headed to Mongolia.

Sister Vai and I get along really well. She's turning 22 in June.  Most of her family are inactive or non-members so she doesn't have much support from home and she's been kinda homesick.  She speaks English pretty well, but wants me to help her with it.  I can't imagine how hard it is to be learning Fijian when the classes are not in her native language.

I've seen a lot of the Brighton girls, and a few girls from Highland, there are more on the way.

I'm having a great time!  Love, Sister Pyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment