Monday, February 10, 2014

NI SA BULA VINAKA VEI KEMUDRAU!!

Hows everyone this week? Still freezing over there?   

     This week was  a miracle in disguise.  At the beginning Sister Alagaelua and I were still sick, our car was in the shop, and all our investigators cancelled (we found out AFTER we walked to each house) boo! Then we had sisters staying with us, we were picking and dropping for showers (someones water got turned off) picking and dropping at the bus depot, 4 days at three different LTA offices (Fijian 'DMV')  trying to get licenses for me and another sister, and all sorts of craziness.  We were wiped out!  Because of all the extra stuff we were doing, we barely had time to visit our investigators.  Needless to say, we were pretty discouraged.  But I know that the witness comes after the trial of our faith.  When things get tough and you feel like everything is going wrong despite your best efforts, that's when you see the hand of the Lord.  I have experienced this so much in my life, and this week was another witness to me. 
       We had received a referral for one of the guards at the LDS primary, so Friday we went looking for him.  It turns out he got fired and no one had his phone number, but because we kept looking around, we were led to another guard who was really prepared for us.  His name is Vilimoni.  We met with him once and discussed the restoration, he believed everything and accepted a baptismal date that first night!!  We were so surprised!!  We also got another new investigator with a baptismal date.  He's the father of a             part-member family in our ward, and he just got back from Kiribati.  The kids ran up to us after sacrament and begged us to come to their house because he was finally home.  We sat down with him, reviewed the plan of salvation, (he had taken lessons in Kiribati) and he said he wanted to be baptized!!  Mind blown!!! I've never had someone accept on the first visit before, and now twice in one week!!  We are definitely being blessed for the crazy week we had.  
    And today I got my Fijian drivers license!!  I was really nervous (I was having problems remembering to use the blinker instead of the wipers, hahaha!)  But we were blessed with a very nice instructor who chatted with me the whole time, and answered all my questions. now I can officially drive on the wrong side of the road. 

Well everyone, I'm out of time for now but I'll write again next week.  Elder Anderson is coming!!!!!

Love always!
Sister Pyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment