Sunday, July 21, 2013

My news is boring. The people who were getting baptized aren't ready, they still have problems with the word of wisdom and law of chastity.  So.... no baptisms.  It's disappointing, but I'm glad we found out beforehand.

Cool story, one of them is in the TB rehab and gets to go home for the weekends so it's been hard to keep track of him and keep him going to church because he's out of our area.  After our lesson on Tuesday, Sister Maile gave me this look like she was gonna say something weird, and then she asked him if he's been keeping the word of wisdom. It was totally off topic and we hadn't talked about it for a few weeks because he wasn't having any problems. Turns out that he drank coffee and tea with his family this past weekend.  It was the first time since we taught him about the word of wisdom, and he didn't want to insult his family by saying no.  He thought it wouldn't be a big deal.  You should have seen the look on his face when she asked, he was totally shocked and knew that we had found out about it "somehow".  Hopefully it was a learning experience for him. Don't keep secrets from the missionaries!! :D

And now for the funny experience of the week.  We were teaching  an Indian family on Friday, and I've gotten to know one of the little boys really well.  He's probably about my neice Zadiees age (almost 2).  He always wants me to play with him, so as usual, he was on my lap and we were reading a book, when out of the blue he PEED on me!!!  He just let it rip while we were sitting down!! hahahaha!!  The mom was so embarrassed but Sister Maile and I couldn't stop laughing!  Luckily it was raining when we left, so I just walked around without my umbrella until it washed out, hahahah!!  The next time we went over  his mom said he had done that to one of the elders too.  Wasn't the first time..... and it wont be the last.

We also spent a lot of time with the zone leaders this week.  They're the elders that cover the same area as us, and they've had a lot of trouble finding people because they drive everywhere instead of street contacting. so they called and asked if we had any referrals for them.  Little did they know, we were already planning on handing some investigators over  and had been OYMing people for them all week. so when they called we had a list of about 15 people for them to check up on.  We spent the rest of the day driving around and introducing them to people and showing them where the referral houses were.
 
You're all going to be super jealous about my dinner last night, fresh crab curry!!! It was sooo good!!! and Sister Maile didn't swell up because it was a different kind of crab :D  yay!  So yea, thought I'd rub that it :D loL!  I'll have to learn the recipe and make a bunch of delicious Indian food for you all when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment